Meet the Alocasia Silver Dragon. This guy is a super popular, highly sought after plant in the plant community and a must-have for all Alocasia collectors. His silvery-green leaves that are laced with deep grooves resemble scales, hence his name. He is grown and sold in 140mm square pots.
Alocasia Silver Dragon
- Keep him away from any direct sunlight as his leaves may burn
- He will need quite a bit of bright, indirect light in order to thrive
- Don’t let his soil dry out too much – water when the first inch of topsoil is dry
- Keep up the humidity throughout winter to avoid the plant dying back (although he will come back in the growing season – don’t give up)
- Feed him every 23 weeks throughout spring and summer to encourage growth
- In autumn and winter, place him in a nice warm spot to keep him as happy as possible